04 Aug 2015 New Job Post | Senior Linux SysOps/DevOps Engineer
A SysOps/DevOps engineer in Spirula contributes to the hard work, dedication and persistence of Spirula’s technical team in a geeky work environment. They experience intense aspects of resolving technical issues by applying their own creative problem solving techniques.
To be able to do that, the following characteristics are required:
- Self-managed and self-motivated.
- Time management skills.
- Team player, but can also work individually as needed.
- High learning curve.
- Problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and respond to emergency situations efficiently.
- Ability to mentor juniors, with relevant leadership skills.
- Ability to delegate tasks and review the results.
Education and certificates are appreciated, especially the ones containing practical exams. But we also understand certifications as being only a proof of knowledge. In short, a knowledgeable non-certified candidate is more appreciated than a not-so-knowledgeable certified candidate.
No one knows it all, but these are some things we are looking for:
- Proficiency with general Linux administration using CLI, Bash scripting, iptables, LAMP/LEMP stacks.
- Good working experience of Linux package management systems, monitoring systems, and Ruby stacks on Linux.
- Hands-on experience with virtualization and containers, configurations management tools (preferably ansible), and cloud orchestration.
- Basic working experience of software RAID, LVM, and NFS.
- Good understanding of networking, HTTP, DNS, RDBMS, load balancing, servers hardware, email delivery systems, virtualization, and cloud computing.
- Practical skills of technical documentation and research, analytical problem solving, quick learning, working with a minimum amount of supervisions, and being in direct contact with the customers.
- 4+ years of experience.
These points are a plus:
- Python scripting, or any other scripting language.
- Hands-on experience with server clustering, continuous integration tools, and automated deployment tools.
- Basic programming skills.
Interested candidates should send their CV to [email protected] by 30 November , 2016 with subject [ LSA vacancy ].